Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Power of Using Cable Access Television

In 2005, my colleage and I released a 30 minute video entitled, "Promoting Olmstead:The Need for Community Based Services for Persons with Disabilities." This video showed individuals who were either in danger of being in a nursing home or have been rescued due to having services in the community to keep them at home. I sold 50 videos at $ 30.00 a piece and won a national award from the Alliance for Community Media for producing this video with my esteemed colleague. Community leaders purchased this film and advocated to their state legislators to push the need for community based services.The video took 60 hours to edit due to multiple clips being filmed. It was well worth the effort.I want to offer you the opportunty to learn how to produce your own show on cable TV in your town.

Please view my upcoming teleconference at www.robbinmiller.vpweb.com for more information.
A five minute clip of this video can be viewed at www.youtube.com/millerchat.

Robbin Miller, LMHC

No comments: